We returned from our first trip to Disney in Orlando last night. We left early Friday morning after Thanksgiving with my parents and my sister’s family. I don’t know where to begin to try to blog about the experience, but I will begin with a few thoughts about the people, places, and things that stick out in my mind.
1. Disney pins. Kids love collecting Disney pins. I wonder how these things move on Ebay?
2. Old people on scooters drive just as bad as old people in cars.
3. The food is far too expensive – especially considering the taste to dollar ratio.
4. Disney has grown a lot since I was there as a child. Take a good pair of shoes.
5. The Magic Kingdom had the best parades (if you, like Ethel Merman, love those).
6. The time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is a pretty good time to go.
7. Plan ahead and Fast Pass the popular rides and attractions.
8. Look out Mississippi, Michigan is vying for the fattest state crown.
9. Did I mention that the food was really bad and expensive? However, you can go to the Boardwalk or Downtown Disney, or Epcot and find some nice meals.
10. I don’t really have a tenth point yet (maybe in another blog) but I felt compelled to have ten points.
Overall, it was a good trip and I look forward to going again soon. Details on some of the things we did are coming up in another post.